Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mixed Blessing

It is a good thing that Cystic Fibrosis(CF) is getting some TV time. I can count 5 times that cf has been on TV; Alex the life of a child(TV movie), Touched by an angel, some made for TV movie with Luke Perry, ER, MTV's the real world(yeah right!), and last nights episode of Mercy on NBC.

It is a bad thing that none of the shows accurately show the disease. I understand its TV and what not but come on! Really!? How hard can it be to find a willing CF patient to go on TV and play a role that they were born to play? I would be more than willing to do it. I hope that the next time I see a CF patient on TV it is more realistic.

1 comment:

  1. There was a recent episode of Nurses (or something like that) that had a CF patient. Not quite reality, but at least they showed the vest! It was neat. And they showed the patient as a vibrant, happy, relatively energetic young musician who'd rather choose quality over quantity.

    Also, there are news pieces that do portray CF in a realistic light.

    I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete